Sustainable Challenges

I chose two challenges from the yousustain.com/challenges

Exercise

Eat healthier

I chose exercise because I feel cardiovascular exercise is very important to your health. It increases your heart rate and promotes healthy blood pressure levels. It also increases our oxygen in our lungs. I feel exercise lowers stress too. If you exercise now, long term, you will feel better. I am going to try to go to the gym more often. I was going three times a week, but work, school, and part laziness wore me down.

I feel eating healthier goes hand in hand with exercise. I feel once you’re on the right track with diet and exercise, you increase your chances of living longer. Eating healthier means less processed foods and more lean meats with fruit and vegetables. I think we should strive to eat less meat. When we raise cows, pigs and chickens I feel that produces greenhouses emissions and that is unhealthy for the environment.  If we go more plant based, it will have positive effects on climate change, air pollution and water. I am going to try more now to eat and buy sustainable or organic fresh produce whenever possible. I am also, going to prepare different meat alternative meals.